Friday, October 26, 2012

Friday, October 26, 2012

Left Bunker Hill, KS just before sun up.  When I got to Colorado the weather had changed a bit.  Got my first snow this season.  Wasn't much, just enough to see the plows.  




Stopped at a rest area to use the facilities and saw this sign:


JUST GREAT!!  They said that the Interstate was indeed closed due to a multi car and multi semi truck crash.  One of the semis burned.  Haz-mat units were on the way.  They said that the road would be closed for at least 6 hours.  I was still an hour from Limon so I continued on in hopes that there would be a way around it.  When I arrived in Limon the road was still closed.



I stopped for fuel in Limon at the TA truck stop.  After talking with some of the folks there and my office in Jacksonville, FL calling Colorado State Patrol, found a way around the mess.  Look what the weather did to my machine!!




It turned out to be only 26 miles farther but it took 45 minutes to get back to I-70.  Made it in to Denver and delivered the wheel loader.  My next load was right there picking up another wheel loader going to Memphis, TN.  This one is a bit smaller and does not require permits.



Got back on the road.  The east bound lanes of I-70 had opened up for traffic.  I passed 3 semi trucks being towed away from the crash.  Where the crash occurred was at a very wide section of Interstate.  I took a few photos of what was left as I went by.



I zoomed in on this one for you.


Here are a couple web sites for you to see more info on the crash.

http://kdvr.com/2012/10/26/semi-with-explosive-on-board-catches-fire-closes-i-70-near-limon/

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2012/10/26/i-70-near-limon-closed-after-multiple-accidents/

I continued on into Kansas and stopped for the night at the TA truck stop in Oakley, KS.

No comments:

Post a Comment