Friday, January 25, 2013

Friday, January 25, 2013

It started to snow about a half hour before I could start for the day.  At a half hour before sun up (when I could start driving) the road conditions were fine.  It was not snowing very much so I left.  In no time did conditions deteriorate and the snow was starting to accumulate on the road.  I decided that it was better to stop rather than get a ticket and have my permit revoked.  I only made it 23 miles this morning and stopped at 8:15 am in Brookville, Ohio.  When I stopped they were already plowing I-70.  Here is what it looked like when I stopped.  Maybe 2 inches of snow so far. Glad my APU is working good again!!


I could have driven all day in this but, unfortunately, with permit loads I don't have that option.  More updates as the day progresses.

Here in my truck at 9 am. Still snowing hard.




Weather radar at 10 am.  Still snowing.



After a nice little nap I awoke to it not snowing anymore.  There was 4 inches of nice white power snow all over.  The kind of snow that you can't make a snowball out of and that skiers love.  I went and had lunch and got back on the road.  The road was clear and just wet with a little slush.  



The plows were out in force and doing a very good job.  




Made it through Ohio and around Wheeling, West Virginia then into Pennsylvania.  Stopped for the night at the Petro truck stop in Claysville.  I-70, exit 6.  This is what my trailer and nice new tractor looked like after driving today.





Noticed that I had a flat Tire on the trailer.  



Had that fixed at the shop at the Petro truck stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment