Monday, November 11, 2013

Monday, November 11, 2013

Drove up to Milwaukee and delivered the wheel loader in the rain.  After that drove down to Sturtevant and loaded a Case 315 tractor and wheels.  Just as I finished securing it the rain changed to snow.



Since I was soaked and filthy I went back to the Petro in Racine (only one exit north) scaled and showered.  After scaling found out that I was too heavy.  Permits were only for width, not weight.  So I took the tractor up to the Daily yard in Lannon and dropped it off there.  Someone else will have to take it to Texas. My next load is tomorrow morning back down in Gary, Indiana.  I headed down to Gary.  Of course I hit Chicago right at rush hour.  Not a fun thing to do in the heavy snow.  Took two hours just to get through Chicago.

Here is Chicago on Friday.

Here is Chicago today

Finally made it down to the Petro truck stop in Gary, IN.  Weather report for Gary is up to 5 inches of lake effect snow tonight.  Not supposed to stop until noon tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment