Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

The weather cooperated last night.  The snow stayed to the east of where I was.  Didn't get anything!!  

First thing this morning went over to load a Sandvik crusher.  Backed in off the road into a small sandy area and detached the trailer.  There were two guys there and neither one knew how to run the machine. I didn't either, and wasn't going to.  The one guy figured it out and, to make a long story short, he loaded the thing on my trailer.  But the way it was on there the machine hung over and I could not reattach.  He called someone that knew something about the machine and was told that the machine was on the trailer backwards.  He took it back off.  By now it had warmed up a bit and the once frozen ground had thawed.  Decided not to try to load again there because it was too soft.  The front of the trailer had sunk in the sand and I was unable to reattach.  Fortunately there was a wheel loader there and they lifted the trailer up enough for me to reattach.  Then I needed a push from the wheel loader to get out.  I decided that trying to load in there was not a good idea.  By now it is noon.  There was a place in there that was gravel and not sand.  Moved the trailer over there and tried it again.  (there is a lot more to this, but I won't go in to all the details)  Finally it worked!!  Got the thing up on the trailer.  Notice that there is no cab or place for a driver?  It is operated by remote control, there is no cab.



This is why I was concerned with loading in the sand.


Stopped for the night, when I ran out of daylight, at the Pilot truck stop in Ft. Wayne, Indiana.

No comments:

Post a Comment