Monday, January 27, 2014

Monday, January 27, 2014

While I was here I had some work done on the trailer.  Had that air valve that was sticking replaced.


Also had a chronic problem fixed hopefully for the last time.  There was a problem with the welds breaking in the back corners of the trailer.  They have been re-welded multiple times.  This time heavy angle iron was welded there to strengthen the area.  That should do the trick!!  Also had six "D" rings added, two toward the front of the trailer (not shown), and four in the back.  They will help a lot!!


I got a load for tomorrow up in Calhoun, GA.  That is north of Atlanta.  After lunch I left for Calhoun.  Had a very nice day on the road until the Macon bypass.  I was cruising along in the right lane (of three lanes) and passing another semi truck that was in the middle lane.  All of a sudden I felt something pulling on the truck.  I though I had a mechanical problem.  Then I looked in the mirror and saw that the truck I was passing had changed lanes right into the side of my trailer.  When we separated we both pulled to the shoulder of the road.  He said that he bent down to pick up a bottle of water and the next thing he knew, he was in the side of my trailer.  That black cloud that has been following me just won't go away!!  Here is what he did to my trailer.  Yes, that is a piece of his truck on my trailer.


I have a very good trailer!!!!


Now here is what he did to his truck.




I took a zillion photos and called the cops.  Macon showed up.


Took our information, filled out an accident report and I was on my way.  Finished my trip up to Calhoun, GA and stopped for the night at a Wilco/Hess truck stop there.  Load a few miles from here in the mornnig

No comments:

Post a Comment