Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Last night It snowed pretty hard.  This is what it looked like after dinner when I went back to the truck.




Up north this would be no big deal. Down here they have no snow plows, no sanders, or salt spreaders.  I'm really glad I got through Atlanta before this hit.  What a mess!!!!

Today was a beautiful sunny day.  BUT the temperatures didn't go above freezing so the roads, especially the bridges, remained iced over.  Large portions of the interstate highways were closed.  The interchange of I-85 and I-65 in Montgomery was closed all morning but finally opened this afternoon.  Permit loads were still not allowed to move in Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, and several other states. Hopefully tomorrow we can move again.

No comments:

Post a Comment