Saturday, January 24, 2015

Saturday, January 24, 2015

Started snowing overnight.  We got about 3 inches of heavy wet snow. By about 9 am it was all over. There are about 16 trucks in the parking lot.  I was lucky to get a spot where I could plug in.


Watched the plow do his thing this morning.  The new snow in the trees is beautiful.


Tonight was Daily Express's annual "Safety Banquet".  It was held at the Radisson Hotel in Camp Hill, PA. I arrived and chose a seat near the door in the back of the room.  It was a nice affair.  At each place setting was this program of events.




On our chairs was this bag.


The banquet was a "Pirate" themed event.  Some people dressed up as pirates.  The centerpiece on the tables was given away to one person at the table.  I won the centerpiece from our table.  Here is my table and the people I sat with.



Here is the centerpiece I won.


I gave it to the guy with his arms folded.  He would give it to his grand kids.

The food was delicious!  I had roast beef.

Then came the awards.  I received an award for 3 years safe driving.


 It also came with a very nice jacket.


Then came the surprise of the night.  I received the award for the 2014 Contract Driver Of The Year.  I was shocked!  And that's putting it mildly.  It came with a very nice leather jacket.



After a few speeches from the "big wigs" they gave away door prizes.  For a guy that NEVER wins anything, I did real good.  I won the second best door prize valued at $350.  It is a glass protection cover for covering the glass on the machines that I haul.


When the door prizes were finished, the band started to play and that's when I made my exit.  Went back to the Daily yard in Carlisle for the rest of the weekend.  More snow is expected Sunday night into Monday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment