Friday, August 14, 2015

Friday, August 14, 2015

Very early this morning went in and unloaded the parts.  Then went back for the rest of them.  Drove back to the City of Industry with NO bumper to bumper traffic. Things were going so smoothly I knew something would go wrong.  I was right.  Loaded the first piece fine.  The second one was the stairs.  It had a hand rail.  On my trailer it was way too high.  14 feet 11 inches to be exact.  Tried to lay it down but that didn't work either.  Then it was too wide.  So a lot of phone calls were made.  I suggested taking the hand rail off.  They were not too keen on that idea.  So they explored other options, none of which panned out.  So I ended up taking the hand rail off.  Then finished loading and securing the stuff.



Left there an hour and a half later than I really should have and drove back to Irvine.  Of course now I had quite a bit of bumper to bumper traffic.  Finally got there and delivered.  Left there and headed toward New Mexico for my next load.  Had bumper to bumper traffic all through the LA area on I-5, CA-91, and I-15 through the San Bernardino mountains.  Cleared up after going over the mountain. Thought I'd never get through there!!  Why in the world would anyone want to live there!!????!!  I am so glad to get away from that mess.  Stopped for the night at the TA truck stop in Barstow, California.

No comments:

Post a Comment