Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Left the truck stop a half hour before sunrise this morning.  Only a few sprinkles last night.  No weather.  Started off mostly clear but soon changed to overcast.  After a while it became partly cloudy and VERY windy.  It seems Kansas is having a difficult time trying to find a route for heavy trucks.  My Kansas permit was voided so I was sent another one.  This afternoon they voided that one too because they still had problems with the route.  I had to stop at the Petro truck stop in Oak Grove, Missouri until they figured out which way they wanted me to go and resend another permit.  I might have to wait for a new Missouri permit too because of where I am entering Kansas. Initially I was to go around the south side of Kansas City now I might be going around the north side.  That might be changed.  Don't know yet. When I stopped at Oak Grove and got out of the truck it was still VERY WINDY!!  I looked up and saw the cold front over my head.  Here it is.


Fortunately there was no rain.  It all went north of here.  That was a very good thing.  But this truck is really rockin' from all this wind!!!!! We are under a tornado watch and a high wind warning.  Wind is constant at 30 to 40 mph with gusts up to 60 mph!!

Permits didn't come in today so here I sit until they get here.

No comments:

Post a Comment