Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Left a half hour before sunrise this morning and drove up to the John Deere plant in Dubuque, Iowa.  Fought a strong heavy cross wind most of the day.  While I was standing next to my truck at John Deere the wind blew a 3 foot by 3 foot 1/4 inch piece of plywood off the roof striking my truck and landing right next to me.  Fortunately no damage to the truck or me. After I got empty I didn't have another load yet so I went back down to the world famous Iowa 80 Truck Stop in Walcott, Iowa.

Here is a You Tube video, shot by a storm chaser, of a tornado that was about 70 miles north west from where I was last night.  The video is amazing!!!   Shows beautifully the beginning of a huge tornado.  This is what the hook echos on radar look like.


Tonight there is still the slight possibility of storms.  The wind is still blowing hard.  This truck is really rockin'.


No comments:

Post a Comment