Saturday, August 13, 2016

Saturday, August 13, 2016

Yesterday afternoon after I got settled in I was so tired that I fell asleep.  Somewhere around 6 pm I woke up when the power went out during a thunderstorm.  I started the generator and drifted back off to sleep.
At about 11:30 pm I woke up again when the generator shut off.  The electricity from the shore power was still out.  So I restarted the generator, it ran a few seconds and shut off again.  SAME DAMN PROBLEM AS BEFORE!!!!!!!!!!!!  I went out and, hoping that it might do some good, changed the fuel filter in the rain.  Of course it didn't change a thing.  So I ran the truck engine for the rest of the night so I could have at least some air conditioning.  

This morning the power was still out.  I called the closest Cummins dealer which was in Bloomington, IL.  They were also the ONLY one that was open on Saturday.  They were so booked up that they could not even look at my generator until the 26th. With that not being an option I hit the road and started heading toward Waco.  I stopped at the Flying J truck stop in Joplin, Missouri and, with their permission, dropped my trailer in their parking lot until Monday morning. 


I then went over to the KOA Campground for the rest of the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment