Friday, December 16, 2016

Friday, December 16, 2016

Left around 3 am local time this morning.  Wanted to get ahead of the coming weather.  Expecting VERY strong wind conditions today.  The later in the day, the worse it was going to get.  There were already "Wind Advisories" on the overhead message boards on the Interstate.  Also messages stating that empty or light weight CMVs (Commercial Motor Vehicles) were not allowed to be on the highway.  I went anyway.  South of Pueblo it was a steady 30 to 45 mile per hour cross wind.  In a few places the gusts were as high as 60 MPH.  I really felt the wind.  By the time I got to New Mexico it was not as bad.  Still had strong wind the rest of the day, just not as bad as it was.  Decided that I didn't want to deal with Friday evening rush hour traffic in Dallas so I stopped for the night at a small truck stop in Alvord, Texas.  

No comments:

Post a Comment