Thursday, January 5, 2017

Thursday, January 5, 2016

Went over to the Maryland Welcome Center Rest Area on I-68 and picked up the loaded trailer.  



Just as I was ready to go my Maryland permit arrived.  Great timing!!  Drove to the Port of Baltimore.  On the way I got word that the other truck was fixed and he was on his way to Baltimore too.  He went over to the Daily terminal in Baltimore and picked up my trailer.  He got to the Port just as I was ready to unload.  Again, great timing!!  Unloaded and swapped trailers.  I then went to a different part of the Port and loaded a Caterpillar 735C Dump Truck that is going to Indianapolis, Indiana.  They are a lot of fun to drive, but very difficult to load.  It is so big that I can't see the trailer while loading.  No room for errors either.



Left there just as the snow started to fall.  Went over to the TA truck stop in Baltimore and scaled.  I was too heavy on my trailer axles.  Got a parking spot for the night and proceeded to unchain everything and move the dump truck back about a foot.  Then chained it back down again.  Here is my scale ticket:


Going to get snow tonight into tomorrow morning.  Baltimore is only supposed to get about an inch, but west of here they are estimated to get between 3 and 5 inches.  If that happens, I may be here for a while.  Permit loads are not allowed to drive in the snow.  I'll be glad to lay down.  My back is really bothering me tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment