Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Wednesday, October 18, 2017

As soon as my 10 hours was up I left.  Drove straight through to Bellevue, Iowa.  When I got there they told me that it was a Caterpillar 730 dump truck that had been stretched 12 feet and modified a bit.  Well, all kinds of alarms went off in my head. I know how a 730 fits on my trailer and an extra 12 feet just wouldn't do well back there.  So, before I disassembled too much of my trailer, I had him bring the machine around and park it next to my trailer. 


Just as I suspected, It didn't fit.  It was 6 feet too long.  Not even Vaseline and KY Jelly would squeeze it onto my trailer.  After a few phone calls, I ended up leaving it there.  I drove down to the world famous Iowa 80 Truck Stop in Walcott, Iowa for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment