Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Well it is time to go back to work.  This morning I took the truck in for routine maintenance.  It was due.  This afternoon I got my next load.  It is tomorrow up at the Port in Savannah, Georgia.  I left and drove up to the TA truck stop just south of Savannah in Richmond Hill.  BUT the weather is supposed to get bad here tonight and tomorrow.  They are saying that we could get several inches of snow after we get freezing rain.  The big problem with that is that this is Georgia!!!  There is absolutely no snow removal equipment here.  No sanders, no plows, NOTHING.  Everything is shutting down tonight.  The Port is closing indefinitely - so I can't load.  It will be a total mess here.  I'm parked here in the truck stop and not moving until its over.  Great way to start off the new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment