Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Wednesday, January 3, 2017

Well the weather was just as bad as they predicted.  Started off early this morning with rain, then freezing rain.  After a while it turned to snow.  It snowed hard!  For lunch I went into the restaurant here at the TA and sat at a table, a dirty table.  All the open ones were dirty.  Sat there for ten minutes and no one came over to me so I left.  Checked out the other restaurants in the area.  McDonalds, Arby's, Taco Bell, and KFC.  All closed.  The only ones open were the restaurant in the TA, Waffle House, and Wendy's.  I went to Wendy's.  They had only 2 people in there working.  I stood in line for an hour before placing my food order.  Then waited another half hour to get it.  They closed while I was in there.  Here is what it looked like outside:



Here is what the roads looked like:


Doesn't look like much but in the south, where this doesn't happen, it's a big deal.  Tell me more about "global warming".  Idiots!!

Here is a palm tree in the snow:


At about 3 this afternoon the snow had stopped.  At about 5:30 I went into the TA to try to eat at the restaurant again.  This time it was closed.  The only one open was the Waffle House.  I went there and had dinner.  The place was packed and standing room only. They had a limited menu and the staff there had been working since 6 am.  They were exhausted.  While I was eating, they too closed.  I got there just in time!!!  Tomorrow should be a lot better.  Hope they open the Port so I can load.

No comments:

Post a Comment