Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Left this morning a half hour before sunrise.  Had a bunch of bumper to bumper traffic in Indianapolis.  Then up to the stupid route the State of Illinois sent me on through the suburbs of Chicago. Here is a map of the route. I can understand some of the routing because the Chicago area has a lot of very low bridges and I am 14 feet high. But this seems a bit weird.  Even on this route I went under a few bridges that were 14 feet, 3 inches high.


The dumbest portion was where I had to do a "U" turn.


Here is a street view of the intersection.


The photo below is the same as the one above.  I have drawn lines showing how I had to round this intersection.  The purple line shows where I first rounded the corner, unable to make it all the way around.  The red-ish line shows where I had to back up.  The green line shows how I finally rounded the corner.  What the photo does NOT show is that there was a LOT of traffic.  I had things pretty clogged up.  It was a lot of fun backing up, through all that traffic, through those intersections.


I made it and continued up to Elmhurst and delivered the excavator.  Next load is tomorrow morning.  I drove back down to the Petro in Monee, Illinois for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment