Thursday, May 3, 2018

Thursday, May 3, 2018

Was over to load at a landfill in Lyons, Illinois first thing this morning. Loaded a Caterpillar 836 Compactor that is going up to another landfill in Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin.  Got the thing on the trailer  and then they took off the wheels.  While loading it, I think I broke my left thumb.



There was another truck there that was bringing the blade, wheels and some other stuff.  They started to load him as I was pulling out.  Illinois sent me on another "tour" of the Chicago suburbs again.  I was just about a half inch short of 14 feet high and they had me go under an overpass that was marked 14 feet 0 inches. I made it without hitting it.  Continued on up to Monomonee Falls, WI and delivered it.  They wanted to block it up and not put the wheels on it.  That was fine with me since the other truck had not arrived yet.  


The other truck arrived as I was about to leave.  Don't have another load yet so I went back down to the Petro truck stop in Racine, Wisconsin for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment