Friday, June 8, 2018

Friday, June 8, 2018

My truck was due for it's 90 day inspection, and so was the trailer.  The trailer was also due for routine maintenance.  That was supposed to have been done before I got the trailer, but wasn't.  The plan for today was to leave Texarkana at about 3 am and drive up to the TA truck stop in Prescott, Arkansas and get the work done there.  Then get to Little Rock, AR first thing in the morning to load.  The plan was working fine until I got to Prescott.  The truck had no problems with the inspection.  The trailer, however, failed big time!!  There were all sorts of things wrong with it.  Wheel seals, a tire, ABS, and some other things.  But the biggest problem was the breaks.  They said it would take all day to fix everything.


After getting approval from Daily to fix it, the guys at the TA got right on it while I went and ate breakfast (which the TA paid for) and took a nap.  I woke up at about 1 pm and went to check on it.  Much to my surprise, they were almost done with everything!!  They bought me lunch and said that when I came back it would be done.  


I left there at about 2:30.  Just had enough hours left today to drive up to the Petro truck stop in North Little Rock, Arkansas.  I'll be here for the weekend.  Will load Monday morning.

1 comment:

  1. Rare moment when things actually work out!!

    ReplyDelete