Monday, August 13, 2018

Monday, August 8, 2018

Went over to the Port of Savannah first thing this morning and loaded a Caterpillar 745 Articulating Dump Truck that is going up to Bloomington, Minnesota.  



Left there and drove to the TA truck stop in Jackson, Georgia.  Filled the fuel tanks and parked.  After my shower I went back to the truck an found that fuel was leaking out of the tank onto the ground.


The leak was from the top of the tank.  The tank broke where one of the lines comes out of it.  Since I had just fueled up, and it was hot, and the fuel inside the tank was expanding, it was being pushed out the broken place.


TA came over and dumped a lot of cat litter on the fuel spill.  I left my trailer there and drove into the shop.  They pumped 10 gallons of fuel out of the tank and the leak stopped.  Then hooked back to my trailer and left the TA and went over the the Kenworth dealer 17 miles up I-75 in McDonough, GA.   They are open 24 hours a day. Dropped my trailer there and checked in to get it fixed.  They have to order another fuel tank. It will take several days.  I checked into a hotel and will be here for at least 3 days, most likely longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment