Friday, October 12, 2018

Friday, October 12, 2018

Another driver that is here in Jacksonville, and does most of the local moves, had a load waiting for him over at the Port.  It had to load today.  His truck was in the repair shop.  So I helped him out.  Took his trailer over to the Port, he followed in his pick up truck.  I hooked up to his trailer in the yard.  Here it is:


The last two axles on the trailer are steerable. Makes cornering very easy.  Pulled out of the yard and down to the main road, rounded the corner from the stop sign and the last two axles on the trailer did not straighten themselves out like they are supposed to.  Instead they took the trailer straight off the road and into a tree.


Fortunately there was no damage to anything except the tree.  Called our mechanic and he brought the fork lift down and fixed the problem.  I won't get into the details of what caused this to happen, because you wouldn't understand it anyway. I'll just say that it was easily fixable.


Left that mess and went over to the Port.  Didn't have any more problems.  We loaded a Liebherr Material Handler that weighed 110,000 pounds (49,895 kg) using two big cranes.  Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get any photos of that because I was too busy.  Here is an internet photo of one.  The one we loaded did not have the tracks on it and only had half the boom.  They were being shipped separately.


 Once we got it mostly secured to the trailer I dropped the trailer and left it there.  He was going to go back tomorrow and finish.  I went back to the Daily yard.  Now I will be off work for a while for my surgery.  

No comments:

Post a Comment