Saturday, January 19, 2019

Saturday, January 19, 2019

This morning I finished securing the machine to the trailer.  When I hooked up to the trailer I broke the "landing gear" on the jeep.  They will have to fix it Monday. 


Tonight is Daily's Safety Banquet at the Radisson Hotel in Camp Hill, Pennsylvania.


They put on a nice spread with food, band, and lots of door prises.  They also pay for the hotel room.  I went over to there.  Had to be there before noon.  Very bad weather is coming this afternoon.  The state of Pennsylvania put in effect at noon a ban on all commercial traffic on the Interstate highways until noon tomorrow.  Supposed to get snow, changing to rain, then freezing rain, then back to snow again before this is all over.  Going to be a real mess!!  I checked in to the hotel.  Nice room.  Then took a shower and a nap.

Went to the banquet.  Sat with some friends and had a very good time.  The food was good, the speeches were (as always) too long, and the door prizes were good.  We all had a back pack on our seats.


For my years of safe driving was given a vest and a couple trinkets.


And for the door prize, I won a rechargable LED work light with magnetic base.

As soon as the door prizes were finished and the band started, I went back to my room. I don't like the "smooze fest" that goes on afterward so I get the heck out.  Besides, Don't want to be around that many people.    So far, about three inches of snow on the ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment