Friday, May 24, 2019

Friday, May 24, 2019

It turns out that there was not a crash on I-95.  There is a huge brush fire at the Duval / Nassau County line.  The smoke was so heavy that they closed I-95 in both directions.  The fire also jumped across the Interstate last night.  I spent the night parked along the shoulder of I-95 just before US-17, exit 380.  Obviously I didn't sleep very well and had nod food.  I-95 was still closed this morning.  They have no idea when it will reopen again.  As soon as my 10 hours was up, and coincidentally, a half hour before sunrise I left and exited the Interstate at US-17 and took that all the way home.  Traffic was horrible and getting worse!  It took a hour and a half to go the 22 miles it took to get to the Daily yard in Jacksonville.  Glad to be here!!!!!!!!   I'll be here until Tuesday morning.  Hope the fire is under control by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment