Thursday, May 9, 2019

Thursday, May 9, 2019

After the Louisville curfew was over at 9 am I left and drove to the power plant in Rockport, Indiana. No, it is not nuclear, it is coal.

Internet Photo
Have you ever wondered what it looks like under one of those big cooling towers at a power plant?  Well, here it is.  That is a fine spray of water cascading down, and a lot of it too!!!


Close Up


Here is what it looks like when it is inactive.


Close Up
I delivered the motor.  Was supposed to reload right there with another motor and take it back to where I got this one from.  Unfortunately, the crane that they were going to use to lift the old motor was broken.  The old motor won't be ready to go until next week sometime.  So I left there and headed toward a truck stop.  Drove over to the TA truck stop in Mount Vernon, Illinois.  Got my next load assignment, it is up in Creve Coeur, Illinois.  That is right next to Peoria.  I'll leave here very early in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment