Friday, June 28, 2019

Friday, June 28, 2019

Left Carlisle, PA at 2:30 this morning and drove to the Port in Newark, New Jersey.  The Port is next to Newark - Liberty International Airport.  It is also across the river from lower Manhattan where the Freedom Tower (formally The World Trade Center) is.   I did good and beat the rush hour traffic coming in.  Loaded a Sandvik QE342 Crusher that is going to Cocoa, Florida.  I couldn't remember how to run the machine, it has been a long time since I had loaded one.  It is operated by remote control, you don't ride in/on it.  It took about 20 minutes for me to finally get it moving, then had no trouble loading it.  


Here is a zoomed in section from the above photo showing the Freedom Tower.

 

Left there and, to my suprise, had no traffic issues getting back out.  Where I did have bumper to bumper traffic was going around Baltimore.  That was a mess.  Stopped for the night at the TA truck stop in Jessup, Maryland.  Once again, my South Carolina permit did not come in.  Have all the rest of them but not SC.  So, I'll be stopping in North Carolina tomorrow.  I wish SC would get their act together!!!  It was ordered two days ago!!

No comments:

Post a Comment