Saturday, June 29, 2019

Saturday, June 29, 2019

Left at sunrise this morning.  Was early enough to get through Washington DC without any traffic issues.  As the morning progressed the traffic continued to build.  I-95 was very heavy traffic north of Richmond and on the Richmond bypass until I-64.  Looks like most of that traffic was headed to Virginia Beach.  Down into North Carolina the traffic was heavy again.  Several areas of bumper to bumper for no reason, just too many cars for the road.  I stopped for the rest of the weekend just inside South Carolina at the Pilot truck stop in Latta, South Carolina.  I'll be here until my South Carolina permit comes in.   I probably could have made it through SC without a permit except they have had a detour around the Lake Marion bridge on I-95 for permit loads over 100,000 pounds.  I am definitely over that.  So, here I will sit.

No comments:

Post a Comment