Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Went in to the Port of Galveston, which was across the street, at 8 am when they opened.  Was second in line to load.  When it was my turn, loaded a gear box for a wind energy nacelle that is going to the factory in Brighton, Colorado. It is a heavy one.  It was very hot, mid to upper 90s and high humidity.  Not pleasant at all.  I have been running with another driver since Kansas.  We have stayed together.  He helped me load and I helped him load.  Fortunately he had a ladder because we needed it to get the upper chains on.  




When we were finished we were both exhausted!!!!  Left there and drove 289 miles to the TA truck stop in Hillsboro, Texas.  Stopped along the way and scaled.  His was fine.  I was way too heavy on the trailer axles. When we got to the TA made some adjustments.  It took a while but finally got the weight right.  Fortunately we will get to sleep in a little.  Can't go through Fort Worth until 9 am.  After today we both can use the extra rest.  I hurt all over and can hardly move.  My back is so sore.  Feels great to lay down.



No comments:

Post a Comment