Saturday, August 8, 2020

Saturday, August 8, 2020

 Left a half-hour before sunrise this morning.  Had to idle the truck all night because my APU quit working.  After I got up on the Interstate about 5 miles down the road the "Low Coolant" light and alarm went off.  I stopped at the next truck stop and bought and added about a half-gallon of coolant.  Left New Mexico and continued on through Arizona with no problems.  In California going through the Majovie Desert, the outside air temperature was 111° F (44° C).  Up ahead I saw a lot of black smoke.

As I got closer I could see that it was probably a car or truck fire.

As I passed it, it looked more like an RV burning.  It was difficult to tell since there was not much left of whatever it was.

That was the extent of my excitement for today.  Stopped at the TA truck stop in Barstow, California for the night.  Got another 556 miles in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment