Thursday, December 10, 2020

Thursday, December 10, 2020

 Today was not a very good day at all.  I got up early and went across the parking lot to the truck wash and finally got this thing clean.  In the process, I noticed that someone had stolen the beacon lights off the back of my trailer last night. Glad I keep a spare.  Went a few miles down the road and loaded a Caterpillar 316 Excavator that is going to Mechanicsville, Virginia.  


Left there in really good time, much earlier than I thought I would.  Did pretty good until I got to Georgia on I-59.  Just before exit 11, a semi-truck flipped over on it's side blocking the entire Interstate. It had just happened.  I was about 1/4 mile from it.  Could see it from where I sat.


Here is the above photo zoomed in.

Then the wrecker uprighted it.

Sat there for 2 hours and 25 minutes until they were able to clear enough road to let us get by.  Fortunately, there was no fuel spill so there was no other clean-up needed. Fortunately, I can drive at night in Tennessee.  Made it to Chatanooga and had a lot more bumper to bumper traffic.  Finally got through there and continued up to the Petro truck stop in Knoxville for the night.  Sure hope tomorrow is better!!

No comments:

Post a Comment