Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Wednesday, March 17, 2021

 Last night I got an email that said my truck was due for an oil change, etc. I got up at midnight and went to the shop at the TA to get it done.  Once they got into it and drained all the oil they realized that they didn't have the filters for it.  They called a few places that were open at that hour but no one had them. The only option was to wait until tomorrow morning so they could try to find them and get them to the TA.  That was not a good option.  I had them put the old filter back on and fill it with oil so I could go. They did.  I left there and continued my trek north.  Had no problems with traffic in Oklahoma City or Kansas City.  It was really windy though.  When I stopped for the night at a small truck stop in Winston, Missouri I found that the wind had blown over the hose reel at the back of the trailer.  Fortunately, it didn't damage the reel, just the mounting bracket it was in.  I took a bunch of photos, tied it down with more straps, and sent all the information to Risk Management at Daily.

We will see what they say at delivery tomorrow.  I'm only a little over three hours away.  Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment