Thursday, July 15, 2021

Thursday, July 15, 2021

 Got up at 1 AM EDT, was on the road at 1:45 AM EDT.  I had to get to the Kentucky / Ohio state line between 5:55 AM EDT and 7 AM EDT.  In other words, a half-hour before sunrise (5:55 AM) and when the Cincinnati curfew starts (7 AM).  If I didn't get there in time I would have had to wait south of Cincinnati until 9 AM when the curfew ended.  I timed it just about perfectly.  I crossed into Ohio at 6 AM.  Continued on to Washington Court House, Ohio, and delivered the tractor.  Next, I went towards Indianapolis, Indiana.  I-70 east of Indy was a total mess!!  I went around it like a lot of other people did.  Still made better time than staying on I-70 in all that bumper-to-bumper traffic.  Then I got to the Indy beltway.  It too was a mess.  No way around it. Finally, I made it to the International truck shop, where I had the work done on my truck and left my trailer.  I dropped the trailer I was using and got mine.  After that was done I made my way through all that traffic to the Thermo King shop in Indy.  Two nights ago the A/C went out again on my APU.  I was lucky.  They took my truck in right away and started working on it. After a couple hours, it was fixed, hopefully for the last time.  Then I went to the Love's truck stop in Pittsboro, Indiana for some sleep.  Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment