Friday, November 12, 2021

Friday, November 12, 2021

 I left Earle, Arkansas last night at 9 PM and drove the rest of the way to Amarillo, Texas, and delivered the wheel loader.  Then I went to Thermo King in Amarillo to get my APU fixed.  I checked in there and waited.  After a couple hours, he brought it in to work on.  He fixed it and I left.  Next stop, Wal Mart to refill a prescription. After that, I went over to my favorite place to eat, The Big Texan, to park for the night and to get dinner.  They have their Christmas decorations up already.  Here is a panoramic photo of the place.


A few more inside.



Two people went for the challenge tonight!!! In case you don't know about the challenge, it is if you can eat a 72-ounce steak, baked potato, dinner salad, 3 shrimp, and a dinner roll in one hour the meal is free.  If you fail, it costs $72.  Here are the two meals (minus the shrimp and dinner rolls - they weren't ready yet).



Here is what I ordered.  The first course...


When that was done...


It was cooked to perfection and tasted great!!!!!  When that was finished I checked to see how the guys were doing with the challenge...


I don't think they will make it.  Only had 23 minutes left and a lot of food to still devour.  I waddled back to my truck.  Over 700 miles, unloading, getting the truck fixed, plus a few errands. Long day with no sleep.  Exhaustion is setting in big time!!  Time to make up for that!!  Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment