Saturday, January 15, 2022

Saturday, January 15, 2022

 As soon as my 10 hours were up I left.  It was still very windy and now it was snowing.  The snow was the fine powdery kind of snow that the skiers love.  It was blowing horizontally.  The roads were fine to start off but rapidly deteriorated.  



After I drove through Kansas City I decided to stop and let the system pass.  Stopped at the Petro truck stop in Oak Grove, Missouri.  I'll check the weather later after I wake up and see if it is better.

I slept for a couple hours and decided to get back on the road.  The weather had not gotten any better.  By the time I got to Topeka it had improved some.  Missouri did a much better job than Kansas in keeping the roads clear.  It continued to get better the further I went.  By the time I got to Illinois the snow was gone, just a light mist that went away too.  There was no snow on the ground.  I stopped at the TA in Mt. Vernon, Illinois after driving 600.3 miles today. Going to watch the replay of the Alabama / Georgia national championship game on ESPN and get some very much needed sleep.  Phone is off. Good night.




No comments:

Post a Comment