Friday, April 8, 2022

Friday, April 8, 2022

 Left before sunrise this morning.  Had no problems with traffic getting to Georgetown, TX to deliver.  On the way, I was 3 miles from the Branch Davidian compound near Waco, TX.  For those of you that don't know what that is or can't remember, CLICK HERE for more information on it.  Delivered the wheel loader.  Next load was in Galveston, TX.  Started off that way.  Very quickly I got into heavy traffic.  Then bumper to bumper near Austin.  After I got out of that I continued toward Galveston. Traffic stayed very heavy.  Several areas of bumper-to-bumper traffic from construction.  It soon became evident that I was not going to make it to Galveston in time to load.  Then came the big backup.  8 miles of stop-and-go traffic caused by a wreck.  Took forever to get through that.  Instead of going to Galveston, I headed for the Daily yard in Houston.  Hit Houston in the middle of rush hour.  LOTS of bumper-to-bumper traffic all the way through Houston.  I thought I'd never get through there!!  But I made it to the yard and will be here until Monday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment