Friday, May 6, 2022

Friday, May 6, 2022

 Last night I got an email telling me that my truck was due for an oil change and lube.  I also got a call from the person that handles the random DOT drug tests at Daily.  She said that my name came up this month.  We set up for it to be done sometime before 3:30 PM this afternoon at a place just down the road from the Daily Yard in Carlisle, PA.  It has been a couple years since my name came up on the random list so I was not surprised.  

Left New Paris, Ohio a little after 2 AM.  More rain again all day.  On the road, I scheduled to have the truck maintenance done at the TA in Wheeling, West Virginia.  I arrived there at about 6:30 AM.  There was a truck in the bay already but I was next in line.  The guy at the desk said that "...it might be a while, the mechanic procrastinates a lot".   I went and had breakfast, came back, and took a nap.  I woke up at 8:30.  The other truck was still in the bay being worked on.  I decided not to wait so I canceled my appointment and left.  While on the road called and scheduled an appointment to have the work done at the Petro in Carlisle at noon.  I arrived at the Petro right at noon.  They were just finishing up another truck and said I was next.  I had time to go to the Daily yard and drop off my trailer.  I got the maintenance work done at the Petro and left there at 3:05 PM and went straight to the clinic to do my drug test.  After leaving my "golden deposit" at the clinic I got my paperwork and went back to the Daily yard.  Tomorrow night is Daily's annual "Safety Banquet".  I'll be going to that.  I'll have a hotel room tomorrow night courtesy of Daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment