Tuesday, February 21, 2023

Tuesday, February 21, 2022

 Left a half hour before sunrise this morning.  LOTS of bumper-to-bumper traffic from south of Houston and all the way through Houston.  Took forever to get through there.  Then more delays from construction!!  Very frustrating morning.  To top it all off, just north of Houston a bird flew into my mirror and knocked off the plastic cover.


Because of all the delays, I didn't get as far as I wanted to today.  I pushed it, against my better judgment, and tried to get a bit more miles instead of stopping when I normally do.  The truck stop that I had in my sights was totally full.  I was lucky to even get back out again.  It was very tight.  So I went to another, and it too was full.  I ended up stopping for the night at a convenience store with some truck parking in the back.  Crap for food options.  

No comments:

Post a Comment