Thursday, April 20, 2023

Thursday, April 20, 2023

 Drove the rest of the way to Mokena, Illinois, and delivered the wheel loader.  I like it when they have a ramp.  I can drive it right off the back and not have to detach the trailer.  It is so much faster that way.  From there I drove down to Decatur, Illinois to the Caterpillar plant and loaded a rear axle for a Caterpillar 789 Mining Dump Truck that is going to Savannah, Georgia.


This is what one looks like all put together.


Just the rear axle weighs 44,520 pounds.  Just imagine how much the entire truck weighs!!  Left there and drove to the Petro truck stop in Effingham, Illinois for the night.  Another 525 miles today.  It got really windy this afternoon.  As I am writing this we are under a severe thunderstorm watch.  I love a good thunderstorm.


No comments:

Post a Comment