Thursday, October 19, 2023

Thursday, October 19, 2023

 Left very early this morning.  Wanted to get through Houston before rush hour.  Didn't want a repeat of yesterday.  I got to Dickinson quite a bit before they opened.  When they opened, loaded a Caterpillar 966 Wheel Loader that is going to Ocala, Florida.


While loading, I noticed that a tire on my trailer had lost air.  After securing the load I left and drove to the TA Express truck stop in South Baytown, Texas.  They didn't have a repair shop there so road service was called.  The road service truck arrived and he got the stuff out of his truck to get started BUT one of the air lines from the compressor on his truck broke.  He had to pack up all his stuff and go back to his shop to repair it.  He'd come back when he fixed the hose. He didn't come back until about 4:30 PM CDT.  

Here is the nail in the tire.


I had run out of hours a long time ago so I stayed there for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment