Monday, February 5, 2024

Monday, February 5, 2024

Went a few miles down the road to Longview, TX, and delivered the dozer first t thing this morning. My next load was way down in San Antonio, TX.  Headed that way.  When going through Waco, TX I was about 3 miles from where the Branch Davidian Compound was.  That is the place where President Bill Clinton's Attorney General, Janet Reno murdered hundreds of people when the FBI and ATF attacked the place and it eventually burned to the ground with all the men, women, and children inside.  For more info about the massacre, CLICK HERE.  Had some bumper-to-bumper and slow-and-go traffic in Austin and San Antonio.  Finally made it to load.  There is a used Caterpillar D10 Dozer being shipped to McClure, Virginia.  It takes several trucks to move the entire machine.  The machine was loaded up already on a 12-axle setup and he left shortly after I got there.  Initially, there was a bit of confusion as to what I was taking, but after a few phone calls, we got it figured out.  So the guy went to find my stuff.  After a while, he came back with one piece and went to look for the others.  He returned with nothing else. The other pieces were taken off the dozer by the mechanics (as they were supposed to) but they were put inside the cab of the dozer.  SO, most of my load left already.  We put the one and only piece on my trailer, I secured it, and left. 


One of the easiest loads I have ever had.  I went to the TA truck stop in San Antonio for my 10 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment