Wednesday, February 7, 2024

Wednesday, February 7, 2024

 I left at about 11:45 PM CST last night.  Had a pretty good day on the road until I got to Knoxville, Tennessee.  I got there smack dab in the heart of rush hour.  There was quite a bit of stop-and-go and bumper-to-bumper traffic there.  A little while later I had a brittle air line snap.  While I was waiting for road service to come I found that I had a flat trailer tire too.  Never heard it or felt it blow.  Road service arrived and fixed the air line.  I then drove to the Petro truck stop in Glade Spring, Virginia, and got the tire replaced.

I stayed there for the night.  I will deliver tomorrow at a coal mine.

Here is the fun route through the mountains to get there from here.


Just to give you an idea of what is going to the coal mine, this is a Caterpillar D10 Dozer.  It is huge! The red arrow points to the piece I have.  The rest is coming in several other trucks.


Hope that helps.


No comments:

Post a Comment