My next load was in Indianapolis, Indiana. I left at 2:30 AM EDT and drove there. I was given two addresses. I went to the first address. At 7 AM, the gate automatically opened, and I went in. There was nobody there. It was a "ghost town". I waited a while. Still nobody. So I went to the other address. That was their main Campus. They didn't have my machine there and sent me back to the original address. I went back there. There were people there this time. They didn't have my machine there and had no idea where it was. Carlisle didn't give me a serial number, so it couldn't even be looked up in the computer. I emailed my dispatcher and explained the issues. He didn't know anything either. The terminal manager in Bettendorf, Iowa, booked the load, so I had to wait for him to get to work at 9 AM EDT (8 AM CDT there in Iowa) to find anything out. So I sat and waited. They finally came up with a serial number. I was sent back to the main campus location, AGAIN. I got there, and the yard guy ran the serial number in his computer and found that the machine I was to load was in Grand Rapids, Michigan!!!! Sent an email to my dispatcher in Carlisle advising him of this. Then waited for them to decide what to do next. After an hour and a half, I left for a different load in Decatur, Illinois. Carlisle said that they made my loading appointment and to check in when I got there. So I did just that when I arrived. They said that I was not on their list for today and would not load me. So I went to the Pilot truck stop a few miles down the road for the night. 473 miles today; that accomplished nothing. Another fine job, Carlisle!!!!
Blog readers for the past 7 days...
No comments:
Post a Comment