Wednesday, August 12, 2026

Wednesday, August 12, 2026

 I left Council Bluffs, Iowa at 3 AM CDT.  

I drove past Gateway Airport in Sioux City, Iowa this morning.  Every time I drive past there, I remember the unbelievable story of United Airlines Flight 232.  This year marks 37 years since that happened.  I remember seeing it on TV.  If you don't know the story of this flight and subsequent crash, it is worth looking into.  What the pilots of that aircraft did that day makes the "miracle on the Hudson" look like child's play. Here is a dramatised YouTube documentary of the flight. 

Here is a photo of the aircraft involved.


Here is the flight path.


Here is the actual video of the crash.

I made it to Sioux Falls, SD, and delivered the motor grader.  My next load was in Dubuque, Iowa.  I drove the 6-hour drive over there to a small truck stop in Peosta, Iowa.  That's about 20 minutes from Dubuque.  About an hour after I got there and settled in for the night, Daily called and said that my load in Dubuque was canceled by John Deere.  So, they gave me another load, but this one is in Creve Coeur, Illinois.  I'll go down there tomorrow.  578 miles today.

No comments:

Post a Comment