Friday, November 12, 2010

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Went over to Galveston and called the place on the phone to let them know I was there & if they wanted to load before 1 that it was fine with me.  They said great and to come on over. So I did and got loaded early.  That was a real good thing.  Anyway, I picked up a cement pump and a couple hoses going to Orlando.  Picked it up from Moody Gardens in Galveston.





Left there and drove up US-87 and took the ferry across Galveston Bay over to Port Bolivar.

For a change, I timed it right.  The ferry had just pulled up to unload when I got in line.



Then we all drove onto the boat.  Here is the view from my cab.


Here are  some more various photos that I took as we went across the Bay.



Lots of dolphins around the boat. 






Pulling up to the dock to drive off.



Once back on dry land, I continued up US-87 along the coast.  Pretty ride right next to the beach.  All the building, houses, and even the schools are up on stilts.




Once back up on I-10 it was just another trip on I-10.  The only excitement was that I passed a grass fire.  There were no fire trucks there yet.


Stopped for the night at the Oasis truck stop in Robertsville, Alabama after driving 547 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment