Friday, July 1, 2011

Friday, July 1, 2011

Left Gary, Indiana early this morning.  That made it nice driving through Chicago.  Got to Wauwatosa, Wisconsin to deliver early.  Was lucky and didn't have to wait.  They took me in and unloaded me early.

My next load was back down near Chicago in Des Plaines, Illinois.  Loaded 4 rolls of steel that are going to Deland, Florida.




After screwing with tarps all morning unloading and loading again I was whipped.  My back was (and still is) very "uncomfortable" and I was a mess.  Went back to the TA truck stop in Gary, IN to get some food and a well deserved shower.  Of course on the way there I hit PLENTY of bumper to bumper traffic. I timed it for a while.  Took 30 minutes to go 6 miles.

Once I finished at the TA I got back on I-80/94.  It was still bumper to bumper so I got off at the first exit and took local streets to get to I-65 through the WORST part of Gary, IN.  I'm unable to even try to give you any kind of description of how bad this place was.  The Bronx in New York City looks better than this place!!  Plus there was some flooding across the road in many places. We had a pretty good thunderstorm while I was in the shower. 

Finally made it to I-65 and drove, in the rain, down to the TA truck stop in Whitestown, IN (about 20 miles north of Indianapolis) for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment