Friday, May 18, 2012

Friday, May 18, 2012

Went into Brockway, PA and was there at 6 am to load.  Had to back into the building.  Was not easy.  Not a straight shot in.  And blind side too!!



Here is the view from the cab looking out.  Not much room there.



This is a machine that makes glass bottles.  It is very heavy!!  My gross weight for this load was over 110,000 pounds.  Taking it to a warehouse in Lyndhurst, NJ.  From there is is going to go on a boat to Brazil.



Once they put it on the trailer they finished the box.


After that, had to tarp the thing!!



Got on the road to NJ.  Was arranged for me to deliver today.  They knew I was coming.  Once again the State in their infinite wisdom, routed me down the dumbest route!  It took longer to go the 10 to 20 miles after I got off the Interstate than it did t get to the exit from PA !!  An hour and a half!!  Here are a few photos of the route.



Just after I took that last photo I got a call on the phone - they can't unload today but I can drop the trailer there and come back Monday to unload.  Also there is some question as to whether it unloads there or over in Bayonne.  Good grief!!  So much for "all arranged"!!  The closest truck stop is back in Columbia, NJ which is back on I-80, 4 miles from Pennsylvania.  So, after I got to the place I dropped the trailer and left.  Once again I am leaving right in the thick of rush hour. I decided that since I was so close, I would ride up through the "old neighborhood" instead of sitting in bumper to bumper traffic.  Family will get a separate e-mail with those photos and details.  Made it back to the TA truck stop in Columbia, NJ for the rest of the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment