Thursday, May 24, 2012

Thursday, May 24, 2012

What a good day on the road!!  Left Wheeling, WV as soon as the sun came up and drove straight through only stopping briefly to pee and eat lunch.  By the time I got to Illinois the wind really picked up.  Cross wind when I was on I-74 but it was at my back (for a change) going north on I-39.  Saw one semi truck that was blown over by the wind about 16 miles from where I stopped for the night.  He had gotten off the Interstate and rounded the corner at the intersection at the top of the exit ramp.  Just before he was to cross the bridge over the Interstate the wind got him and blew the truck on its side. I stopped for the night at a small truck stop on the south side of Rockford, Illinois.   Local TV news weather guy said the wind is sustained at 35 with gusts up to 45 mph.  I am parked facing south so the wind is blowing straight at the front of the truck. The truck is really rockin' and rollin'.  Deliver in the morning not too far from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment