Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Left Council Bluffs, Iowa at midnight local time and drove to Morton, Illinois and loaded a Caterpillar D7R Dozer that is going to a military base in Batesburg, South Carolina.  I'm about 111,000 pounds (50348 Kg).




Left Morton and drove to the TA truck stop in Troy, Illinois for the night.  Drove a total of 586 miles (943 Km)  today Went inside to eat and shower while the inside of the truck cooled down.  When I came back to the truck after showering found that the generator had stopped working. Usually the fuel filter needs changing when that happens so I changed the fuel filter.  Damn thing would not start no matter what I did to it. Just great!!!  Now I need another shower. SO to make a long story short, I'm at the Red Roof Inn across the interstate from the truck stop.  I left my trailer at the TA.  Can you see it??


No?  Well let me zoom in a little bit for you.


Of course when I went up to the top floor of the hotel and tried to get in my room, the key didn't work.  Par for the course!!  Got that fixed and got in and settled in for the night.  It is a nice room for the price!   I have an appointment at the Cummins-Onan shop in St. Louis, MO first thing in the morning. I ordered a pizza.  After I eat and take another shower I'm going to bed.  I am really pooped!!  Tomorrow I get to spend a lot more money!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment