Thursday, April 5, 2018

Thursday, April 5, 2018

Went over to Richie Brothers at 8 am when they opened.  Once again, there was no key to the machine.  They borrowed one from another machine so I could load.  Went to the machine, the key worked.

This is how the machine is when I get to it, yesterday's machine was the same way. Sorry that the focus didn't work very well.


Loaded it on my trailer.



Left there and immediately upon entering I-4 it was very slow bumper to bumper traffic.  Took an hour to go 20 miles.


 It was pretty much slow bumper to bumper all the way past the attractions, Disney World, Universal Studios, and Sea World. Cleared a bit then all the way through Orlando it was back to bumper to bumper.  Finally cleared just south of Sanford.  Did pretty good until about 15 miles south of the Jacksonville Beltway, I-295.  There was a wreck that caused a 15 mile back up.  Sat in that for a while.  Finally cleared that mess.  Then more bumper to bumper traffic for about 5 miles on the South Beltway.  Cleared that.  Then just past one of the exits that I take to get to the Daily yard in Jacksonville, traffic came to a very rapid stop.  When I braked real hard the machine shifted and fell off the blocks it was sitting on.  Fortunately it stayed on the trailer and all the wheels were still off the ground.  I slowly drove to the next exit and headed for the Daily yard.  When I got there, I took off all the chains and raised the machine, re-positioned the trailer under it, put new blocks under it and set it back down.  Chained it down again.  Good to go now.  Didn't damage anything.  Replaced the wood that broke too.  Stayed here for the night.  I'm exhausted, my back and feet are very sore.  Good night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment