Friday, August 2, 2019

Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Started driving as soon as my 10 hours were up.  That was at 2:30 am.  Made it through Nashville long before curfew started.  Unfortunately we just missed the Louisville, KY curfew.  Stopped in Glendale, KY to wait it out.  Took a little nap.  Left in time to get to Louisville as curfew ended at 9 am.  Continued on to a stainless steel plant in Ghent, KY and delivered the ladle. Delivered along the "hot road".  That is the road that the big machines that carry the slag pots and ladles full of really hot stuff.  It was also thick with mud!!!  I got stuck. Bottomed out the trailer backing in to where they were waiting to unload me.  I was able to raise the air bags on the trailer just enough to get unstuck.  In the process slung mud everywhere.  I backed in to the guys waiting for me.  After taking all the chains off, in the mud, they used two large wheel loaders.  Put one on each side and lifted it up while I drove out from under it.  Stopped when I ran out of hours at the TA truck stop in Seymour, Indiana at about 1:30 pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment