Monday, January 6, 2020

Monday, January 6, 2020

Went over to the Port first thing this morning and loaded a Caterpillar 745 Articulating Dump Truck that is going to Little Rock, Arkansas.  I like these.  When loading, only about 1/4 of the tire on each side is on the trailer, the rest hangs off the side.  Also when the front tires start to go up on the trailer, you can't see the trailer anymore.  Have to load it by feel.  One other thing, because it articulates the front tires could be perfectly lined up but the back tires could be off by a few inches.  That could make it fall off the trailer.  That would be a bad thing!!  You have to hit it very straight.  Makes it interesting.  The boards under the tires are there to support during transport.  Don't really help much during loading or unloading.  Takes a long time to do by myself.  Today I was lucky, I had a good spotter.  Cut the loading time down by more than half.




Left there a little after 9 am.  Had some bumper to bumper traffic in Atlanta caused by a tractor trailer that rolled over on the ramp from I-285 to I-75 on the north side.  Fortunately he rolled off the road and dumped his load of garbage and everything off the travel lanes.  After getting past that I continued on to the TA truck stop in Cartersville, Georgia for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment